Three Lovely London Parks (That are not Hyde Park)

Before moving to London, I pictured myself with an iced latte and a good book, sitting on a bench or under a tree in Hyde Park. I told myself it'd be the perfect place for a day off, taking a break from the city, and so on. Even though I spent my first months living in Chelsea, that vision of me in the park never happened. I've spent numerous afternoons with friends powerwalking from my apartment in South West London to Hyde park, but when it comes to "taking a break from the city", Hyde Park wasn't always ideal.

During my time in London I found some really good spots to relax that isn't as filled with tourists and traffic as Hyde Park usually is. Don't get me wrong, Hyde Park is a gem, but sometimes you wand something different that what it has to offer. And that is why I thought I'd share some of my favourite places in London with you, if you ever find yourself wanting to explore the park-life of London.
Primrose Hill
It's not exactly what I'd call a people-free spot, rather the opposite. Located on the northern side of Regent's Park, primrose hill does not only offer you the most gorgeous view of London, but it also happens to be one of the most expensive areas to live in London. So if you're a house-junkie like me, and love to stroll around an expensive neighbourhood and collect visual inspiration for that future house you're never going to afford, this is the place for you. It's usually quite busy, especially when the sun comes out, but the vibe is amazing. Imagine being surrounded by likeminded, wine-loving, noisy people like you who just wants to enjoy some cheese, booze and a nice sunset!
Battersea Park
Living in Chelsea definitely dug a hole in my wallet. The amazing restaurants, cafes and shopping literally outside my apartment made London life more expensive than it probably should be. The constant noise of living in such a busy area, together with the fact that I had to get away otherwise I'd spend more money, brought me to Battersea Park.

Only a five minute walk from where I uses to live, it was the perfect place for an early morning walk before Uni or a late night run to get away from all the noise. To reach the park, which is located just south of the river Thames in South West London, you have to cross Albert Bridge. I wouldn't say I'm that fascinated by bridges, but this one is definitely 100% # bridge goals. It will take you to the north west corner of the park, the perfect place to start exploring. Battersea Park is the perfect mix of open grass areas, lovely gardens and hidden pathways. Even though I've been walking through it pretty much every day for three months, I still probably haven't seen half of what it has to offer.
Cavendish Square
This small oasis in the middle of Central London has been my saviour on days when all I want is to get out of my sweaty university building. It's located literally one minute away from Oxford Circus, perfectly surrounded by beautiful buildings which makes the park feel more off than it actually is. If you ever need a pause from your shopping trip along Oxford and Regents Street, take a break at Cavendish Square together with all the business men and students already occupying every square meter of it.

9 kommentarer

  1. I wish I'd known about these places when I visited! I wasn't really a fan of London when I went but I know now that to be honest - I barely explored any of it. I can't wait to go back and try again! These parks look beautiful x

    Much love,
    Imogen, faux-silk.com x

    SvaraRadera
  2. Finding little green spaces in cities is always such an adventure! I love the park at Crystal Palace too (if you really want to get OUT of the city)!

    xx Pia
    http://gymbagsandjetlags.com

    SvaraRadera
  3. I love these photos!
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    SvaraRadera
  4. Your post kind of made me want to pack up & move to London! I had such a different idea of London (coming from sunny Australia) & didn’t realise how lively it was there. Other bloggers usually post outfit photos where the streets & parks are empty so your post gave me a really different view! Those parks all look really beautiful!

    TFM Life & Style blog

    SvaraRadera
  5. I like your blog, its really dope.
    Do you want to follow each other?
    If you want, than follow me, and let me know in comments, so I can follow you back with pleasure.
    We can follow each other on Instagram @andjela.dujovic, let me know in the comments so I can follow you back.

    www.bekleveer.com
    xoxo

    SvaraRadera
  6. I don't live in London, but I think during the summer I'm going to there for a week or so and I would to visit these places!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.co.uk/

    SvaraRadera
  7. Primrose Hill is a beautiful place to wander through thanks to the super-pretty houses, though I hadn't realised there was a park there - I'll have to check it out sometime! :)

    aglassofice.com
    x

    SvaraRadera
  8. I love Pimrose Hill, has such beautiful views x

    Nev | Miss Nev

    SvaraRadera
  9. How I wish I could teleport and reach this lovely place! Nice captures ;)

    https://marchhappythoughts.blogspot.com/?m=1

    SvaraRadera

Latest Instagrams

© thatsellen. Design by Fearne.