My Ultimate Summer Essentials

Finally it feels like summer has arrived in Sweden. Since I got home, almost two months ago, the weather has been windy and not at all that warm. These past few days though, the weather has changed, and I can finally say that summer is here. With the warm and sunny weather comes the summery feelings, and I find myself reaching for some of my old summer favourites.

Wether it's summer where you live, or you're just going on holiday to a warmer country, I can strongly recommend you to include these things on your summer-must-haves list!
1. A summery nail polish 
One of the things I change the most during summer is the colour of my nails. This time of year I tend to go for brighter and warmer colours, whereas I reach for nudes and earthy tones during the rest of the year. I'm currently a sucker for the colour yellow, and an easy way to incorporate it into your style is to wear it on your nails. I'm using Isadora Wonder Nail in colour 93 Brisk Yellow. Another summer favourite is to match a colourful outfit with something less bright, like this sand coloured one from Essie in the colour Sand Tropez (how cute is that name?!).

2. Reef Dry-Touch Sunscreen Lotion in SPF 30
This 150ml bottle of coconut smelling goodness promises to keep your skin protect from UVA and UVB rays. I first bought this sunscreen whilst in Australia, and it's been my favourite ever since. It's got that summery, coconut scent whilst not being too heavy. It dries fast, doesn't grease and feels really light on the skin. It also promises to be water resistant for up to four hours, but I wouldn't take that seriously with any sunscreen. However, this one's protected me from getting burnt, and I'm really happy with it!


3. Benefit High Beam
Summer is the time to shine! My go-to highlighter is this gorgeous, pearl coloured, liquid highlighter from Benefit. I prefer to apply it directly on top of my foundation with no powder underneath, or directly onto my skin. A little goes a long way with this one, and it blends perfectly using only your fingers. I tend to put it where light naturally hits the face, for a healthy-looking summer look.

4. The Body Shop Vitamin E Hydrating Face Mist
I'm sure that whoever has red my blog for a while knows how much I love this product. It follows me through pretty much every season and destination, and has been my secret to surviving anything for years and years. It's simply a moisturising face mist, enriched with vitamin E and rose water. I use it both underneath and on top of makeup, when I feel like I need a bit extra moisturising or just a fresh waking-up.

5. Vaseline Lip Therapy
Aways in my bag is this cult product from Vaseline. Most of us own one, so I should not really have to tell you how good it is. But for anyone out there who doesn't know that the hype is about, try it! It's the ultimate lip balm for anyone who desires soft, kissable lips.

23 kommentarer

  1. I agree with you about the summery nail polish, it's a must.
    http://sugarcoatedbears.blogspot.com/

    SvaraRadera
  2. the bodyshop vitamin e series is so good - I have tried the day cream and loved it!(:

    xx from italy
    Cate ღ 35mm in Style

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. I know right?! I've been using the range for so long now and love it!

      Radera
  3. I LOVE Reef suncream, it smells like summer in a bottle. :)

    Megan x |MeggyMac.com

    SvaraRadera
  4. I love using the body shop face mist! Definitely a must have for summer x

    Nev | Miss Nev

    SvaraRadera
  5. I've been wearing a lot of yellow clothes lately. Great idea to extend that to my nails! Thanks for the tip!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    SvaraRadera
  6. I have been using face mists like crazy these days, I like to keep my skin hydrated all day!!

    Yiota
    pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera
  7. We almost have the same summer essentials. Sunscreen, face mist and summer nail polish! :)

    xoxo,
    SHAIRA
    www.missdream-girl.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera
  8. These products look so good!! Thanks for sharing dear!
    xx
    Mónica Sors
    MES VOYAGES À PARIS
    NEW POST: LACE DRESS & LA VIBES...

    SvaraRadera
  9. TBS Vitamin E range and great lip therapy has been my essentials too! Will give Vaseline a try :)
    xx
    https://simpliannie.wordpress.com/

    SvaraRadera
  10. I love Benefit high beam!! I really want to try The Body Shop face mist. It sound's so lovely xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    SvaraRadera
  11. Cool review, thanks for sharing!

    SvaraRadera
  12. I love this list of products. Lip therapy is something that a lot of people might neglect. Love that you included this in the list!

    Jessica | notjessfashion.com

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Thank you! Yes, it's so easily forgotten but such an important thing!

      Radera
  13. I really have to try out that face mist. I think you've sold it to me. Haha!

    annescribblesanddoodles.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera
  14. you just inspired me to make such post as yours! <3


    Claudia, xx
    www.thewhiteprint.blogspot.com

    SvaraRadera
    Svar
    1. Looking forward to reading it! :)

      Radera
  15. Ahh I just love Benefit High Beam, it is such a classic staple product, super pretty.

    Alice May Snell ♡

    SvaraRadera
  16. I've been dying to try High Beam, and that face mist sounds lovely! Great post!

    amberelb.com

    SvaraRadera
  17. I'm all about the nail polish too! Great essentials!

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    SvaraRadera
  18. I need to try that Body Shop mist! Sounds amazing!
    -Maria | She Blushes

    SvaraRadera

Latest Instagrams

© thatsellen. Design by Fearne.