Vegan lentil and bean chilli

Before going vegetarian, one of my absolute favourite foods was chilli con carne. So yesterday I decided to make a vegetarian version of my old favourite to keep in the fridge for lazy days when I don't feel like cooking. Today was one of those days. I've been working out quite a lot at the gym lately, and so I couldn't really be bothered to cook after today's arm and shoulder workout. Instead I heated up some of yesterday's chilli, which I had with basmati rice.

What you'll need:
1 clove of garlic
2 carrots
3 onions
390g crushed tomatoes
1 & 1/2 dl of red lentils
350g black beans
350g kidney bens
0,5 litres of water
1 vegetable stock cube
salt
pepper
chilli powder
coriander

Put some oil in a big pan and fry the carrots, onion and garlic until the onion is soft and slightly golden. Add the water, stock cube and lentils and cook until the lentils are almost done before adding the tomatoes and beans. Season after taste - done!

4 kommentarer

  1. When I was still eating meat, I also used to love chilli con carne! This veg version looks delicious!
    LUXESSED

    SvaraRadera
  2. Yumm that sounds so good!! Please send some over :)

    Tina
    www.justatinabit.com

    SvaraRadera

Latest Instagrams

© thatsellen. Design by Fearne.