Broccoli Soup for Two

The days seem to be getting colder and I've found myself turning to the warm, comfort foods that come with autumn. My current favourite is this broccoli soup I made a few days ago. I've always found soup to be my favourite food when the weather gets colder. If you live in Sweden like me, or any other country where the autumns are cold and winters freezing, you probably know how good a soup can be. To make the one I just made, you'll only need a few simple ingredients:

1 broccoli
2 potatoes
2 onions
1 clove of garlic
1 cube of vegetable stock
salt
pepper
chill powder

Chop up your potatoes, onions and garlic and fry in a pan until the onion has turned yellow and the potatoes are a bit browned and softer (roughly 10-15 minutes). Add the broccoli, water (I used about half a litre, but you can use more or less depending on how watery you like your soup to be), vegetable stock and spices and boil until the broccoli is soft. Put the soup in a blender or simply use a hand blender to blend the soup until it reaches a soft and creamy consistency. This will serve about two to three people!

1 kommentar

Latest Instagrams

© thatsellen. Design by Fearne.