Kat Von D Shade & Light Palette

Bloggers, instagrammers, pretty much everyone has been raving about the Kat Von D Shade and Light palette since it first hit stores. I'm the kind of person who thinks long and hard before buying new makeup products, especially the more pricier ones, but this one has finally found its place in my growing makeup collection. It offers a perfect mix of six contours and matte highlighters, perfect for anyone who likes to mix up their contour game once in a while. I'm obsessed with both the subtle and the dramatic kind of contour, which makes this palette my best friend.
Since I'm quite tanned at the moment I tend to go for the two darker contour shades to shape my face, and the middle highlight shade for my under eyes, cheekbones and forehead. I can see myself reaching for the lighter contour shade as I get paler (which I am pretty much all year round), but unfortunately "sombre" is the only shade in the otherwise perfect sextet that isn't vegan (contains no animal products/not tested on animals).
To get the perfect contour I prep my face with foundation, concealer and a translucent powder before applying the contour powders with my trusty Real Techniques Expert Face Brush. I finish off the face by applying the matte highlighters underneath my eyes, on the bridge of my nose and on top of my cheekbones, forehead and chin. If I feel like I want and even glowier look I apply some shimmering highlighter (usually the Mary-Lou manizer by the Balm) on my cheekbones, nose and brow bone.

4 kommentarer

  1. Would love to have this palette and to know how to conture!

    LUXESSED

    SvaraRadera
  2. I have this pallet and I am obsessed with it! :)
    xx
    http://putitallonme.com/

    SvaraRadera
  3. The range of colours in this palette really does look gorgeous, not to mention idea for when you skin is light/darker depending on the weather haha :) I love the sound of the 'glowier' look you've been creating lately!

    aglassofice.com
    x

    SvaraRadera

Latest Instagrams

© thatsellen. Design by Fearne.